1 / 1 Photo by: rizall
Ayam Penyet Pedas (Spicy Penyet Chicken)
deravi Washington, United States
- 4 piece Chicken
- 300ml water
- 2 piece Salam Leaf
- Oil to fry
- 5 cloves Garlic
- 1/2 tsp Coriander
- 3 cm Ginger
- 3 cm Galangal
- 3 cloves Shallots
- 1/2 tomato
- 1 tsp shrimp paste
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 bunch Lemon Basil (kemangi)
- 2 keylime
- 11 piece red chili
Prep:30min › Cook:30min › Extra time:1hr marinating › Ready in:2hr
- Combine 4 cloves of Garlic, Coriander, Ginger, Galangal, Shallots and 1 1/2 of salt and make them into paste.
- In a pot, soak chicken with paste, salam leaf and water and cook until chicken is tender. Meanwhile, heat the frying pan with oil.
- Once the chicken is fully boiled, fry the chicken in the frying pan until it's golden brown.
- To make the sambal (chili sauce): Heat up 1 tsp of oil, add shallots, tomato and red chili for 2 minutes. in a bowl, combine shallots, tomato and red chili with shrimp paste, salt, dash of sugar, keylimes, lemon basil and mix them until it forms a paste.
- In a serving plate, place the sambal (chili sauce) at the bottom of the plate and place the fry chicken on top of the dish.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!