Laap Moo (Thai Minced Pork Salad)
This salad is very refreshing and light tasting. It's also quite easy and fast to prepare, not to mention easily doubled or tripled to feed many. What else can one ask of a dish? :-)
Bangkok (Krung Thep Maha Nakhon), Thailand
1 person made this
450 g lean pork, minced or ground
5 shallots, sliced thinly
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon galangal powder (Kha Pon)
500 ml water
3 tablespoons fishsauce
5 tablespoons limejuice (1-2 limes)
3 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons roasted rice powder (recipe following)
2 tablespoons scallions, finely sliced
2 tablespoons coriander leaves and stems, roughly chopped
2 tablespoons mint leaves, roughly chopped
1 tablespoon red pepper flakes (optional)
Roasted Rice Powder
3 tablespoons raw white jasmine rice
- Bring the water, shallots, salt and galangal powder to boil in a pan.
- Add the pork. Cook the meat through, stirring and breaking it up as you go.
- Pour the water off and set aside.
- Make a dressing our of the fishsauce, limejuice and sugar. It should taste sharply sour, salty, then sweet. It will be poured over bland meat, so it's ok for it to taste too strong right now.
- In a large bowl toss the meat with the dressing and the rest of the ingredients. Adjust the seasoning in the dressing if needed.
- Roasted Rice Powder:
- Dry roast the rice in a pan over medium heat until golden brown all over. Process to a coarse powder in a spice grinder or with a mortar and pestle.
Reviews and ratings
Reviews in English (0)
User's IP: 220.127.116.11