Yam Neua (Beef Salad)
This beef salad is excellent. A light, refreshing, yet filling addition to any dinner.
Bangkok (Krung Thep Maha Nakhon), Thailand
1 person made this
1 kg flank or sirloin, cut into 5 cm wide strips
1 tablespoon salt
1-2 onions, thickly sliced
8 cucumbers, peeled and sliced
5 ripe tomatoes, cut into wedges
5 tablespoons fish sauce
6 tablespoons lime juice
3 tablespoons white or palm sugar
bird-eye chilies to taste, cut into thin rings
- Salt the beef. Let sit for 15 minutes.
- Barbecue or broil the beef in a hot oven or on the grill until medium rare. Let the beef rest for 15 minutes.
- Mix fish sauce, lime juice and sugar. Adjust seasoning to your liking. The sauce should be pungently sour, salty and sweet.
- Slice the beef into thick slices. Mix with the vegetables in a large bowl.
- Pour the dressing and chilies, if using, over the salad. Mix well. Serve immediately.
Reviews and ratings
Reviews in English (0)
User's IP: 18.104.22.168