Kakdooki (Radish Kimchi)
2 people made this
About this recipe:
This is a tasty radish kimchi and good accompaniment to any meal.
2 medium size radishes, about 2 kg (4 Lbs)
2 tablespoons salt
1 tablespoon caster sugar
3 tablespoons (45ml) fish sauce
3 tablespoons Korean red pepper powder
1 tablespoon crushed garlic
½ tablespoon of minced ginger
4 green onions cut into 2 inch lengths
Extra time:22hr40min ›
- Peel the skin off the radishes and cut into 2.5 cm (1 inch) cubes and place in a large bowl. Add the salt & sugar, mix well and let it sit for 1 hour.
- In a small bowl combine the fish sauce, red pepper power, garlic and ginger.
- Drain radish juice and add the above ingredients. Mix well.
- Lastly, add the green onions and mix one more time.
- Put in a 500ml (1/2 gallon) jar leave at room temperature 1 day to ferment and keep in the refrigerator.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate