1 / 1 Photo by: Ann Lee
- 1kg (2 ½ pounds) Beef Spare Rib, cut into 7.5cm (3 inches) thick
- 100g medium potatoes (or Daikon/white radish)
- ½ cup (125ml) water
- 1/4 cups (65ml) soya sauce
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 3 tablespoons of crushed pear
- 2 tablespoons crushed garlic
- ½ teaspoon sesame seeds
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black paper
Prep:40min › Cook:1hr20min › Extra time:1day22hr › Ready in:2days
- Cut off any fatty parts on the ribs and split some of the thicker parts. Wash the spare ribs in cold water to avoid putting the small bone pieces into the stock.
- Mix soya sauce, sugar, crushed pear, garlic, black pepper, sesame seeds and salt in a mixing bowl until sugar dissolves. Mix this in with the ribs. Put the ribs in the refrigerator to marinate overnight.
- Cook the rib in a pressure cooker pot for 25 minutes in medium heat and turn off the heat. Leave it for 15 minutes and open the lid. Separate the meat and soup and put into the refrigerator for overnight. The fat will turn into a white solid mass on the top of rib soup, so it will be easy to remove.
- Peel the potatoes and cut in quarters, put in a big pot. Add the rib soup and cook for 25 minutes. Remove the fat on the ribs and put into the pot. Stir in the ribs and cook for 15 minutes on low heat.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!