1 person made this
About this recipe:
This kimchi recipe is simple and tasty. You can adjust the amount of red pepper powder to suit your family's taste.
1 medium size Napa cabbage
3 tablespoons salt
2 cups (500ml) water
2 tablespoons glutinous rice flour
1 cup (250ml) water
3 tablespoons (45ml) fish sauce
3 tablespoons Korean red pepper powder
2 tablespoons crushed garlic
1 teaspoon sesame seeds
1 teaspoon (5ml) sesame oil
½ teaspoon black pepper
1 bunch of chives, cut into 2.5 cm (1 inch) lengths
Extra time:4hr20min ›
- Cut the cabbage into 4 pieces lengthwise and cut the root end off, too.
- Make sure all of the leaves are loosened.
- Rinse the cabbage with cold water and sprinkle salt onto the cabbage and between the leaves. Place the cabbage in a large bowl. Pour in the water and let it sit for about 4 hours.
- Wash the cabbage 3-4 times in cold water and drain for 30 minutes.
- Heat a small pot with 1 cup (250ml) of water and 2 tablespoons sweet rice powder. Boil the mixture on medium heat for 10 minutes, it will become translucent.
- Pour into a medium bowl and let cool down (about 20 minutes).
- Add fish sauce, red pepper powder, garlic, sesame seeds, sesame oil, black pepper, cut chives and salted cabbage to the rice flour mixture. Mix well.
- Layer the cabbage leaves on a plate on top of each other.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate