- 2 chicken thighs, deboned and pounded to medium thickness
- Flour, for dusting
- 2 eggs,beaten
- 70 g breadcrumbs
- Oil for cooking
- Soy sauce
- Worchestershire sauce
- Black pepper
- Mushroom sauce (optional)
- 1 onion, sliced into rings
- 50 g button mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoon butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
Prep:10min › Cook:20min › Ready in:30min
- Marinate the chicken thighs in soy sauce, worchestershire sauce and black pepper for 3 hours or overnight. Remove from marinade and pat dry .
- Dust the thighs in some flour, shaking off the excess flour.Dip in a bowl of beaten egg and then roll in breadcrumbs.
- Heat some oil in pan and fry the chicken thighs on both sides until brown.
- For the mushroom sauce:
Sauté the onions in butter until it is soft. Add mushrooms and sauté for a few minutes. Add the chicken stock then stir in the cornstarch. Cook until the sauce thickens, season with salt and pepper and pour over the chicken.
It turned out really good, love this recipe. Try also to glance at GOURMETRECIPE. They have also lots of exciting and interesting chicken recipes for you to choose from. - 07 Jul 2012
Thank you for this recipe! Have been thinking of this hardback to childhood and no one seemed to have the recipe....looking forward to trying it out! - 17 Sep 2012
I tried it. It's tasty n yummy. My sons loves it. Thank you for such great recipe. - 21 Aug 2012