1 / 1 Photo by:
- 2 small salted fish - soak in water for 1 hour, drain and cut into pieces.
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 green chilli, split lengthwise
- 1/2 cucumber, cut into large dice
- 2 tomatoes, quartered
- pinch of sugar
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Ground ingredients
- 3 cm fresh tumeric
- 5 dried red chillies, soaked in water to soften then drain
- 8 shallots
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 lemongrass bulb, coarsely chopped
- 4 birds eyes green chillies
Prep:10min › Cook:20min › Ready in:30min
- Put in blender and grind all ground ingredients to a paste.
- Heat a little oil in pot and fry ground paste until fragrant. Pour in the coconut milk, salted fish, cucumber and green chilli and bring to a boil.
- When it boils, lower heat and add the tomatoes. Simmer for another 10 minutes or until the fish is soft and fully cooked. Check seasoning and add sugar and salt as needed.
- Serve with hot steaming rice.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!