1 / 1 Photo by:
- 1 whole fish, red snapper or tilapia
- Flour for coating the fish
- Salt to taste
- Cooking oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoon fermented black bean sauce
- 2 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 cm ginger, sliced thinly
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Chinese cooking wine
- 1 teaspoon cornflour, make into a thin paste with a little water
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and cut into thin strips
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Pepper to taste
Prep:10min › Cook:15min › Ready in:25min
- Clean fish, score both side and season with salt. Dredge fish with some flour.
- Heat oil in wok until hot and deep-fry the fish until crispy. Remove from heat and drain on paper towel. Then place on serving platter.
- Heat a little oil in pan saute the garlic, ginger and black bean until fragrant. Add the wine and saute for 2 minutes then add water, soy sauce and thicken with the cornflour paste.
- When the sauce is boiling and thick, remove from heat and pour over the fish. Garnish with red chilli strips and chopped green onions and serve hot.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!