Steamed pandan tapioca pearl cakes
2 people made this
About this recipe:
This is a fun and delectable little dessert to impress your friends. This recipe utilizes many typical ingredients found in Thai desserts like tapioca pearls, coconut and pandan.
For the coconut topping
240g dry grated coconut
1/2 teaspoon salt
For the cake
5 pandan leaves, chopped
180ml (3/4 cup) water
180g small tapioca pearls
750ml (3 cups) water
3 tablespoons tapioca flour
- For the topping, mix the coconut and salt together.
- Next, make the pandan juice. Blend the pandan leaves with the 180ml water and squeeze through cheesecloth. You should be left with about 125ml of pandan juice.
- Separately, boil the 750ml water and add the tapioca pearls. Cook the tapioca pearls until they are translucent and soft.
- Add the sugar and tapioca flour and stir well. Add the pandan juice and stir well. Fill foil cups with the batter.
- Steam for 10-15 minutes, top with the coconut topping and serve.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate