1 / 1 Photo by: Wiley
- For the coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon rice flour
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 pandanus leaves, cut into 3 cm lengths
- For the rice seashells
- 120g rice flour
- 2 tablespoons tapioca flour
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot starch or corn flour
- 180ml (3/4 cup) water
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame seeds
Prep:20min › Cook:30min › Ready in:50min
- First, make the coconut sauce by placing the 1 tablespoon rice flour, coconut milk, sugar and salt in a pot and begin heating, stirring constantly.
- When the ingredients are mixed, add the pandanus leaves and bring to a boil. Remove from the heat and reserve.
- To make the seashells, mix the flours and water together in a wok. Place over low heat and mix until a dough is formed. Remove from the heat and cool slightly.
- When cool enough to work with your hands, knead the mixture until a smooth dough is formed. Pinch off 1 cm chunks of dough and roll into balls.
- When the dough is used up, begin forming the seashells by pressing on a krong-krang press (similar to a gnocchi press) or a fork.
- When the dough is all pressed, bring a pot of water to a boil. Drop the seashells into the water. When they float, remove the seashells.
- Strain the coconut sauce and discard the pandanus leaves. Drop the seashells into the coconut sauce and bring to a simmer.
- To serve, place in individual bowls and garnish with the toasted sesame seeds.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!