1 / 1 Photo by: Wiley
- For the filling
- 100 g grated dry coconut
- 100 g sugar
- For the coconut coating
- 120 g grated dry coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- For the pandan dough
- 5 pandan leaves, chopped
- 125ml (1/2 cup) water
- 120 g glutinous rice flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut cream
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil, for coating your hands
Prep:30min › Cook:10min › Ready in:40min
- For the filling, cook the coconut and sugar over medium heat until thickened. Remove from the heat, cool slightly and roll into 1 cm balls.
- For the coconut coating, mix the coconut and salt, steam over boiling water and set aside.
- For the pandan dough, begin by making pandan juice. Blend the pandan leaves with the water and squeeze through a cheesecloth. You should be left with about 60ml of pandan juice.
- Next, knead the glutinous rice flour, coconut cream and pandan juice until a smooth dough is formed. Roll the dough into about 1 cm balls.
- Put a few drops of vegetable oil on your hands to coat, so the dough will not stick to your skin. Flatten out the balls into discs and wrap them around the coconut balls. Make sure the balls are completely sealed. If the dough seems to be too dry, add a few drops of water.
- Drop the balls into gently boiling water. When the balls float, remove with a slotted spoon and toss in the coconut coating. Roll around in the coating and place on a dish to serve.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!