1 / 1 Photo by: Wiley
- 1.5 litres chicken or fish stock
- 1 tablespoon white peppercorns, crushed
- 1 finger galangal, peeled and sliced into disks
- 4 whole roasted shallots
- 3 kaffir lime leaves, torn
- 1 stalk lemongrass, cut into 3 cm lengths
- 300 g snapper heads, cut into pieces
- 5 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 crispy fried dried red chillies
- 1-2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2-3 limes, juiced
- 2 tablespoons tamarind juice
Prep:20min › Cook:30min › Ready in:50min
- Bring the pot of stock to a simmer and add the peppercorns, galangal, shallots, lime leaves and lemongrass. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the snapper heads, cherry tomatoes, and chillies and cook the fish heads until just done.
- Add the fish sauce, lime juice and tamarind juice. Taste and adjust if needed.
- Place the soup in a deep bowl, and enjoy.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!