1 / 1 Photo by: Wiley
- 1/2 green papaya
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon Thai chillies
- 2 tablespoons roasted, chopped peanuts
- 1 tablespoon dried shrimp
- 1 lime, quartered
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 60g French beans cut into 2 cm lengths
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon palm sugar
- 1 tablespoon tamarind juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
Prep:20min › Ready in:20min
- Peel and shred the green papaya with a shredder designed for this task or using a box shredder.
- Place the salt, garlic and chillies in a smooth ceramic or wooden mortar and pound until well smashed. Add the peanuts and shrimp and pound into a chunky paste.
- Add the lime quarters, pound, then add the cherry tomatoes and French beans and pound, crushing them slightly.
- Add the green papaya and gently bruise, working the ingredients together.
- Season the mixture with the fish sauce, palm sugar, tamarind juice and lime juice. Adjust the seasoning to your liking.
- Serve on a platter and pair with sticky rice to sop up the spicy juices from the salad.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!