1 / 1 Photo by: Allrecipes Photos
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) olive oil
- 500g dried green split peas
- 1 smoked ham hock or bone
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- water to cover
Prep:5min › Cook:2hr › Ready in:2hr5min
- In a medium saucepan, fry onions in oil for about 1 minute. Remove from heat and add split peas and ham hock or bone. Add enough water to cover ingredients, and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover, and cook until there are no peas left, just a green liquid, about 2 hours. While it is cooking, check to see if water has evaporated. You may need to add more water as the soup continues to cook.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!