1 / 1 Photo by:
- 200g tempeh, cut into cubes
- 300g chinese long beans, slice diagonally
- 150g tofu, cut into cubes
- 100g fresh prawns, deveined and shelled
- 1 red chilli, slice diagonally
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 cm ginger, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoon (30ml) tamarind juice
- 2 cups (500ml) coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons belacan, toasted and grind finely
- Salt, pepper and sugar to taste
- Cooking oil
- Spice Blend:
- 2 cm ginger
- 2 cm galangal
- 3 fresh red chillies
- 4 shallots
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 lemongrass bulb, thinly slice
Prep:10min › Cook:20min › Ready in:30min
- Stir fry the tempeh and tofu separately until golden brown. Drain and set aside.
- Stir fry the long beans and shrimp for about 2-3 minutes then set aside.
- Blend all the spice ingredients in blender until fine. Heat a little oil in pan and cook the spice blend until fragrant.
- Add the sliced chilli, ginger, garlic and shallots. Stir and add in the belacan, tamarind juice and coconut milk. Add salt, pepper and sugar to taste.
- Simmer until the sauce thickens slightly then add all the other ingredients that were set aside.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!