1 / 1 Photo by: elsafaith
- 2 kg chicken, cut into bite size pieces
- 4 cups (1l) thick coconut milk
- 250g grated coconut to make kerisik (see recipe)
- 3 tumeric leaves, slice finely
- 3 kaffir lime leaves, slice finely
- Salt to taste
- Spice Blend:
- 30 dried chillies, soak in hot water and discard seeds
- 300g shallots
- 4 cloves garlic
- 5 cm ginger
- 4 stalks lemongrass
- 2 cm galangal
- 2 cm tumeric root
- Caster sugar to taste
Prep:20min › Cook:1hr › Ready in:1hr20min
- To make the kerisik, toast the grated coconut in a dry pan over low heat. Stir constantly until the coconut becomes golden brown and set aside.
- Blend the spice ingredients until fine. Put the chicken, spice blend, and coconut milk in a pot and stir over medium heat and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cook until the gravy thickens. Add kerisik, tumeric leaves, kaffir lime leaves, salt and sugar to taste. Cook until the meat becomes tender and the gravy is thick.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!