Pistachio Chicken with Pomegranate Sauce
This is an elegant dinner for company, and not hard to do at all. Add wild rice and some green vegetables with this for a completely wonderful meal.
Bangkok (Krung Thep Maha Nakhon), Thailand
1 person made this
3 tablespoons (50ml) milk
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast fillets
3/4 cup (90g) plain flour
1 cup (130g) finely chopped pistachio nuts
For the sauce
2 tbsp minced shallots
1/2 cup (120ml) dry white wine
1/2 cup (120ml) chicken stock
1/2 cup (120ml) double cream
1 ½ tablespoons (25 ml) 100% pomegranate juice
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas mark 4.
- Beat together the eggs and the milk. Dredge the chicken breasts in flour, then in egg wash and finally in the chopped pistachios.
- In a large frying pan, melt butter over medium heat. Fry the chicken until lightly browned. Place in an earthenware baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, melt butter in a saucepan. Fry shallots until soft. Add cream, white wine, chicken stock and pomegranate juice. Simmer for a few minutes.
- Place chicken on plates, and pour over sauce.
Reviews and ratings
Reviews in English (0)
User's IP: 22.214.171.124