1 / 1 Photo by: Suhara
Suhara Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Serves : 8
- 1 medium cucumber
- 2 small young green mangoes, peeled
- 1/2 medium pineapple, skinned
- 1 large yam bean (sengkuang/jicama), peeled
- 3 teaspoons black shrimp paste
- Prawn crisps ( see recipe)
- 150g roasted peanuts, chopped coarsely
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- For the sauce
- 15 dried chillies, soaked and deseeded
- 2.5 cm belacan, toasted
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) tamarind juice
- 120g caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) dark soya sauce
Prep:20min › Cook:10min › Ready in:30min
- Pound the chillies and belacan in mortar and pestle until it becomes a fine paste. Put that paste and tamarind juice in a saucepan and cook over low heat. Add the sugar and dark soya sauce and cook until the sugar dissolves and sauce is thick. Set aside and let cool.
- Cut the vegetables and fruits into small wedges and put into a large mixing bowl. Add the black shrimp paste and rojak sauce and mix well.
- To serve, garnish the top of the rojak with slightly crushed prawn crisp, chopped peanuts and sesame seeds.
Where is the prawn crisp recipe?? It said see recipe but I couldn't find it in this page.... - 20 Mar 2011
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!