1 / 1 Photo by: Suhara
- 500g laksa rice noodles - blanched in hot water
- 2 large fried fish cakes - sliced
- 100g cockles - steamed and shelled
- 100g prawns - shelled with tails on *(use the shells and head for stock)
- 100g chicken breast - cut into small pieces
- 1 small bunch daun kesum (polygonum leaves)
- 50g small cubed fried tofu
- 1.5 cups (375ml) coconut milk
- 6 cups (1.5l) water
- Oil for cooking
- salt and sugar to taste
- Spice Blend:
- 10 shallots
- 2 lemongrass - use the white part only
- 2 cm in fresh galangal
- 1cm fresh turmeric
- 5 fresh red chillies
- 1 teaspoon dried shrimp paste
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 200g beansprouts - blanched
- 2 red chillies - sliced
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced both white and green part
- fried shallots
- Sambal Belacan, to taste
- lime wedges
Prep:20min › Cook:20min › Ready in:40min
- Chop and blend all spice ingredients together. Heat pot with a small amount of oil and gently fry blended ingredients until fragrant (for about 10 minutes).
- Stir in the daun kesum leaves, chicken pieces, add water and bring to a boil. Then add the coconut milk, salt and sugar to taste. Reduce heat and simmer gently, uncovered, for about 10-15 minutes.
- Add the prawns, cockles, fish cakes and fried tofu cubes to blend in the flavors. And simmer till prawns are cooked.
- Serve the gravy on top of the noodles and garnish.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!