1 / 1 Photo by:
- 1.5 kg chicken, cut into bite size pieces
- 60g ghee
- 10 shallots, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 3 cm cinnamon stick
- 4 cardamom pods, crushed slightly
- 3 cloves
- 2 large onions, quartered
- 3 potatoes, peeled and halved
- 2 tomatoes, quartered
- 3 green chillies, slit lengthwise
- 5 cashews, ground to a powder
- 5 almonds, ground to a powder
- 3 cups (750 ml) coconut milk
- 2/3 cup (175 ml) milk
- juice of 1 large lime
- Salt to taste
- Sugar to taste
- 2 stalks coriander leaves, chopped coarsely
- Spice Blend:
- 2.5 cm ginger
- 10 cloves garlic
- 12 shallots
- 4 green chillies, deseeded
Kurma curry paste:
- 2 tablespoons coriander powder
- 3/4 tablespoon fennel powder
- 1/2 tablespoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 teaspoon tumeric powder
- Water for paste
Prep:20min › Cook:1hr › Ready in:1hr20min
- Season chicken with salt and set aside. Grind all spice ingredients until fine. Make kurma curry paste by blending all the ingredients with some water to make a paste.
- Heat ghee in a pot and fry the sliced shallots, garlic, cinnamon stick, cloves and cardamom. Add the grounded spice ingredients and fry until fragrant. Then add the curry paste and fry for a few minutes until oil begins to separate.
- Put the chicken pieces in the pot and mix well. Cook over low heat until the sauce is almost dry. Pour in the coconut milk and stir. Add the potatoes and bring to a boil.
- Combine the milk and lime juice together and add to the kurma. Season with salt and sugar and bring to a boil. When it boils again, add the tomatoes and green chillies. Reduce heat and simmer for another 20 minutes. Add the chopped coriander leaves just before serving.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!