1 / 1 Photo by:
- 600 g large prawns
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 3 tablespoon corn flour
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 10 bird's eye chillies, chopped
- 10-15 sprigs curry leaves, torn
- 2 tablespoon (30ml) Chinese cooking wine
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) light soya sauce
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 300 g grated coconut, dry fried until golden brown
- Oil for deep frying
Prep:15min › Cook:20min › Ready in:35min
- Slit down the back of the prawns, leaving the shells intact and devein. Trim the feeler, rinse and pat dry.
- Marinate the prawns with salt, sugar, pepper and sesame oil for 20 minutes.
- Mix the corn flour and curry powder and toss into the marinated prawns.
- Heat oil in wok until hot and deep fry the prawns until just cooked. Drain and set aside.
- Remove oil from wok. Wipe down wok with paper towel and reheat. Add butter and stir fry chopped garlic, chillies and curry leaves until fragrant.
- Add the prawns, cooking wine, soya sauce , salt and sugar to taste. Add the grated coconut, stir frequently and cook over high heat for 1-2 minutes. Serve immediately.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!