1 / 1 Photo by:
- 1 1/2 kg chicken, cut into 8 large pieces
- Tamarind Sauce:
- 360 g tamarind paste
- 3 cups (750ml) water
- 1 1/2 tablespoon (20ml) rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoon (30ml) dark soya sauce
- 10 tablespoons caster sugar
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoon coriander powder
- 12 shallots
- 3 cloves garlic
- Oil for cooking
Prep:15min › Cook:40min › Extra time:1day23hr5min › Ready in:2days
- To make tamarind sauce: Mix tamarind paste and water together then strain the juice and reserve. Blend the shallots and garlic together until fine. Mix all the sauce ingredients together into a large bowl and add the chicken pieces, coating them evenly. Marinate the chicken overnight in the refrigerator.
- Next day, strain the tamarind sauce into a pot and cook until it boils. Reduce heat and add the chicken pieces and cook until the chicken is tender.
- Remove the chicken and set aside. Continue cooking the sauce, stirring frequently, until it thickens and then remove from heat.
- Heat oil in a wok until hot and then fry the chicken until it browns. Arrange the chicken on a dish and pour the thick tamarind sauce over it and serve.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!