1 / 1 Photo by: Suhara
- 1 1/2 kg chicken, cut into 8 large pieces
- 2 cm ginger
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups (725ml) coconut milk
- 8 dried chilli peppers, soaked in hot water discard seeds
- 8 shallots
- 4 candlenuts
- 1 1/2 cm ginger
- 1 tablespoon tamarind paste
- 4 tablespoon (60ml) water
- Salt to taste
- Sugar to taste
Prep:15min › Cook:30min › Extra time:1hr15min › Ready in:2hr
- Pound ginger, garlic and salt together in a mortar and pestle and marinate chicken pieces in this mixture and set aside for 1 hour.
- Grind chillies, shallots, ginger and candlenuts until fine. Mix the tamarind paste with the water , strain the juice. Put the blended spices in pot, adding the coconut milk and tamarind juice. Cook slowly on low heat, stirring frequently and bring to a boil. Add salt and sugar to taste and cook until the sauce thickens.
- Dip the chicken pieces in the thick coconut sauce and place over hot charcoal grill. Baste the chicken frequently with the sauce on both sides and cook until the chicken is evenly browned and cooked.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!