1 / 1 Photo by:
Ayam Masak Lemak Cili Padi
Suhara Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- 500 g chicken, cut into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 pieces asam keping (dried tamarind slices)
- 1 cup (250ml) thick coconut milk
- 2 cups (500ml) thin coconut milk
- 1 turmeric leaf
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Spice Blend:
- 20 bird's eyes chillies
- 2 cm ginger
- 2 cm tumeric root
- 8 shallots
- 2 cloves garlic
Prep:10min › Cook:15min › Ready in:25min
- Rub the chicken pieces with salt and let marinate for 10 minutes.
- Blend all the spice ingredients until fine. Stir in the ground ingredients with asam keping, torn tumeric leaf and thin coconut milk into a pot and bring to a slow boil.
- Add chicken pieces and simmer until the gravy thickens. Add thick coconut milk and salt to taste.
its a simple recipe. i find it very easy to follow as it is my first trial at cooking it. - 26 Oct 2013
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!