1 / 1 Photo by: Suhara
Serves : 6
- 1 whole chicken, cut into small pieces
- A handful of tumeric powder, enough to lightly coat the chicken
- 3 tablespoons (45ml) tamarind juice
- 1/2 cup tomato ketchup
- Sugar to taste
- Salt to taste
- Cooking oil
- Spice Blend:
- 6 dried chillies, soak in hot water discard seeds
- 2 fresh red chillies
- 6 shallots
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2cm ginger
Prep:20min › Cook:20min › Ready in:40min
- Rub the chicken pieces with tumeric powder and salt and let marinate for 10 minutes.
- Blend all the spice ingredients in blender until fine.
- Heat cooking oil in wok until hot and fry the chicken until it is almost done. Drain the chicken on paper towels and set aside. Put away the frying oil.
- Heat a tablespoon (15ml) of oil in pan then add spice blend. Stir until fragrant and add the fried chicken. Pour in the tamarind juice and ketchup and stir until chicken is evenly coated.
- Check the seasoning and add more sugar if it is too spicy. Cook until the sauce thickens a little and coats the chicken.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!