1 person made this
About this recipe:
This soup dish uses guavas that gives it a very distinct taste. Milkfish (bangus) or pork can also be used instead of prawns.
8 medium guavas, peeled
750ml (3 cups) water from washing rice
1 medium tomato, quartered
1 medium onion, sliced crosswise
2 large green chillies, whole
Salt or fish sauce (patis)
2 small eggplant (brinjal), quartered
Sweet potato leaves or kangkong
- Clean and devein the prawns but do not remove the heads and shells. The soup is best tasting with whole prawns.
- In a large pot, boil the guavas in rice washings for about 5 minutes, or until very soft. Mash thoroughly in the pot.
- Strain the liquid into a large pot. Discard the pulp and seeds.
- Add the prawns, tomato, onion and chillies to the liquid. Add salt or fish sauce to taste and boil for 5 minutes.
- Add the eggplant, let boil for 5 minutes, or until the eggplant is done. Add the sweet potato leaves and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with rice.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate