1 / 1 Photo by:
- 90g dried large lima beans
- 1kg pork hocks
- 1 thumb sized ginger, sliced thin crosswise
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 green chillies
- 1 tablespoon tamarind powder
- 750 ml (3 cups) water
- Salt to taste
- 1 bunch fresh spinach
Prep:15min › Cook:20min › Extra time:45min › Ready in:1hr20min
- Soak the lima beans in warm water for 1 hour. Drain and discard water.
- Parboil the pork hocks for 1 minute. Drain and rinse.
- Place the pork hocks and lima beans in a 6 litre pot. Add the ginger, tomato, onion, green chillies, tamarind powder, and water. Season with salt to taste.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer until the pork is tender and the lima beans are very soft and bursting out of their skins.
- Add the spinach and cook just until wilted. Serve hot with rice.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!