Daing Na Bangus (Pickled and Fried Milkfish)
Bangus, or milkfish, is marinated in garlic and vinegar, dried and then fried.
4 people made this
1 medium sized bangus
Salt and pepper to taste
5 cloves garlic, minced
125 ml (1/2 cup) vinegar
Mango relish (link to recipe)
Extra time:1hr ›
- To clean the bangus, first remove the scales. Slit the fish along the back lengthwise to remove the gills, intestines, etc. and expose the flesh. Pat dry.
- Lay the fish flat on a ridged plate and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Spread the garlic over the exposed flesh and pour over the vinegar.
- Cover with foil or plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour or overnight. Discard the marinade and pat dry with paper towels.
- In a large wok or skillet, fry the fish in hot oil until golden brown and crispy.
- Serve with rice and mango relish (link to recipe).
Reviews and ratings
Reviews in English (0)
User's IP: 18.104.22.168