1 / 1 Photo by: LatinaCook
- Caramelized sugar
- 8 egg yolks
- 200 g sugar
- 2 (354 ml) cans evaporated milk
- Grated rind from 1 lime
Prep:20min › Cook:2hr › Ready in:2hr20min
- Line llanera or leche plan mold with caramelized sugar.
- Mix egg yolks, sugar, evaporated milk and lime rind in a bowl and gently mix, not beat, until yolks are all broken and blended.
- Strain the custard through a sieve to remove the rind. Pour this mixture into the mold.
- Place this mold into a larger pan filled with water. Place in a preheated oven at 165 C.
- Bake 2 hours or until the mixture is firm. Slow baking is necessary so the mixture is smooth when done.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!