2 people made this
About this recipe:
Tilapia, cod or halibut can be used for making this dish which comes with a sweet and sour sauce.
1 medium-sized whole tilapia
250ml (1 cup) oil for frying
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 tbsp olive oil
1 thumb-sized ginger, sliced thin crosswise
1 red pepper (capsicum), cut in chunks
250ml (1 cup) vinegar
315ml (1 1/4 cup) water
salt and pepper to taste
1 tbsp corn flour
- Clean the tilapia and pat dry with paper towel. Make 2-3 slits on either side of the fish. Sprinkle salt over it.
- Fry both sides in 250ml hot oil, about 2 minutes each side. Set aside.
- In another skillet, saute onion and garlic in olive oil. Add the ginger and red pepper and fry until fragrant.
- Mix the vinegar, water and sugar together and add to the onion and garlic mixture. Cover and let boil for 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To thicken the sauce, add corn flour, let boil for another 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Pour sauce over fish when ready to serve.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate