2 people made this
About this recipe:
This basic dough can be filled with Empanada pork filling (link to recipe), then fried or baked.
240g plain flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 egg yolk
Melted butter as needed
Oil for frying
- Mix all the ingredients, except butter and oil, to form a stiff dough and knead until smooth.
- Roll out the dough until thin, sprinkling with flour to prevent from sticking. Brush with melted butter and roll it like a jelly roll.
- Cut into 4cm pieces. Roll out each piece into a circle and fill with about 1 tbsp pork filling. Fold over into half moons and seal.
- Deep fry in hot oil until brown and crispy. Serve hot or cold.
- If baking, brush the top of dough with beaten egg white just before baking at 180 C for about 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate