2 people made this
About this recipe:
This dish is very good to serve with any fried meat, fish or poultry dish. It also suffices as a light one pot meal accompanied with rice.
1/4 kg prawns, deveined, heads reserved
1/4 kg pork liver
2 cloves garlic
3 tbsp olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1/4 kg pork, sliced into bite-sized pieces
1 stalk celery, cut crosswise on the diagonal
1 large carrot, cut crosswise
1/4 kg long beans, cut into bite-sized pieces
1/4 kg cabbage, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 sayote, peeled and quartered
3 tbsp soya sauce
2 tbsp corn flour
1 tsp sugar
Salt and pepper to taste
- Pound the prawn heads in a mortar until its juice is expressed, you should get about 125ml (1/2 cup). Drain juice and set aside.
- Boil pork liver just until it hardens. Cool and slice into bite-sized pieces. Set aside.
- Saute garlic in olive oil until light brown. Then add onions and continue sauteing until onion is glossy.
- Add pork and liver and mix. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add prawns, cover and cook 2 minutes. Add the shrimp juice, stirring constantly to prevent curdling.
- Add celery and carrot. Mix, cover and cook 3 minutes. Add long beans and sayote. Mix, cover and cook 5 minutes. Add cabbage. Mix, cover and cook 2 minutes.
- Mix soya sauce with corn flour and 1 tsp of sugar in a little water to make a slurry and add to the mixture to thicken the sauce. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot with rice.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate