1 person made this
About this recipe:
The combination of chicken, prawns and ham in coconut milk with sweet rice and curry powder provides a very distinctive flavour.
2 pcs each of chicken legs and thighs
2 tbsp olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp curry powder
225 g large prawns, deveined
225 g cooked ham, diced
2 bay leaves
salt and pepper to taste
400 ml coconut milk
200g sweet rice (malagkit), soaked overnight and drained
- Remove chicken from bones and cut into bite-sized pieces. Set aside.
- In a large frying pan, saute onion and garlic in olive oil until onion is translucent.
- Add curry and mix thoroughly. Add chicken, mix and cover. Cook 2 minutes.
- Add prawns, cook 2 minutes. Add ham, bay leaves, salt and pepper to taste. Mix thoroughly. Cover and cook 2 more minutes.
- Add coconut milk and sweet rice. Mix, cover and cook 30 minutes over low heat, mixing occasionally to prevent mixture from burning.
- Serve hot.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate