Bittermelon and brinjal relish
This vegetable relish is a good side dish for any meal.
1 person made this
1 medium size bitter melon
2 medium size brinjal
1 medium carrot
4 cloves garlic, sliced thin
2 mild green chillies, seeded, sliced thin
1 small sweet onion, diced
2 thumb sized pieces ginger
200 g sugar
115 ml vinegar
115 ml water
1 tsp salt
- Slice bitter melon lengthwise, remove seeds with a spoon, then divide each half in three crosswise. Slice each third into a julienne pieces (matchsticks). Boil 2 minutes.
- Divide brinjal in three crosswise. Slice each third into julienne pieces. Boil in water for 2 minutes only, do not overcook.
- Slice carrot crosswise, then slice into julienne pieces.
- Remove seeds from green chillies and slice into julienne pieces.
- Mix bittermelon, brinjal, carrot, garlic, green chillies and onion in a large bowl with a cover.
- In a non-reactive pot, bring vinegar, water and sugar with ginger and salt to a boil and stir until sugar has dissolved completely. Cool and set aside.
- Pour vinegar mixture into the bowl making sure vegetables are covered.
- Cover and keep refrigerated.
Reviews and ratings
Reviews in English (0)
User's IP: 220.127.116.11