1 person made this
About this recipe:
This is another one-meal-in-a-pot dish. It contains soup, meat and vegetables all cooked together in one delicious broth. Terrific during cooler weather.
2 kg beef ribs
1 Litre water
1 tbsp peppercorns, crushed
2 medium onions
2 beef bouillon cubes
2 stalks celery, quartered
2 carrots, cut in chunks
1 chayote squash, skinned/quartered
2 medium potatoes, quartered
salt to taste
1/4 kg cabbage, cut in chunks lengthwise
- Parboil beef for 5 minutes. Discard broth and rinse beef.
- Put beef in a large pot, about 1 gallon in size. Add water, peppercorns, onions and beef bouillon.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer for 1 hour. Remove fat floating on the surface. It is best to do this part the day before so the fat can be skimmed off the next day.
- Add carrots, celery, chayote and potatoes. Boil another 20 minutes or until potatoes are done.
- Add salt to taste. Add the cabbage. Cook another 5 minutes. Serve hot alone or with rice.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate