1 / 1 Photo by:
- 2 kg beef chuck roast
- Oil for frying
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 large fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tbsp whole peppercorns, crushed
- 115 g jar of manzanilla olives with juice
- 1 onion, quartered
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 2 bay leaves
- 115 ml catsup
- 1 large red capsicum, sliced
- 4 small potatoes, peeled and quartered
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp corn flour (optional)
Prep:10min › Cook:1hr40min › Ready in:1hr50min
- Rinse beef and pat dry with paper towels. Cut beef into 4 chunks. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Saute diced onion and garlic in a frying pan. Place in a 6 quart pot. Brown beef on all sides in the same frying pan and put in the pot.
- Add tomatoes, crushed peppercorns, olives with juice, quartered onion, bay leaves and beef bouillon cubes.
- Bring to a boil, then add catsup and simmer for 1 hour. Take out meat from pot, add red capsicum and simmer for 30 minutes.
- In a frying pan, fry potatoes in oil until golden brown. When done, add to simmering mixture.
- Thicken sauce if desired by mixing corn flour with water and add to mixture.
- Slice meat crosswise at this point and add to pot. Mix together. Cook for anther 5 minutes.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!