Bangus (Milkfish) Relleno
6 people made this
About this recipe:
This stuffed fish dish is excellent to serve with company. While it takes time to debone the fish, the end result is truly delectable.
1 medium size bangus (milkfish)
1 medium onion
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 carrot, diced
1 stalk celery, diced
2 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
- Clean fish by removing scales, removing gills and the insides. Cut part of the tail.
- Pound the flesh of the fish to loosen it up. Cut open from the backside lengthwise.
- Scrape out fish meat, being careful not to tear the skin. Set aside. Squeeze half of lemon into the meat and soya sauce. Boil 2 minutes.
- When cooled, remove fish bone from the meat.
- In a skillet, saute garlic and onion in olive oil. Add the fish meat, and all remaining ingredients. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cook 5 minutes. Cool.
- When cooled, fill the skin with all of the cooked mixture until the fish is formed again.
- Sew the side to seal the mixture. Fry the fish whole. Slice fish crosswise to serve.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate