4 people made this
About this recipe:
This relish is made normally with very fresh green papayas. Sauerkraut can also be used.
1 fresh green papaya, grated
1 carrot, sliced crosswise
1 red capsicum, sliced lengthwise
1 thumb size ginger, sliced crosswise
2 green chillies, seeded, sliced crosswise
1 box 42.5g raisins
250 ml (1 cup) vinegar
250 ml (1 cup) water
200 g sugar
1 tsp salt
Extra time:45min ›
- Mix 150g (1/4 cup) salt to about 4 cups of grated papaya. Express the papaya juice with hands at least 3 times. With sauerkraut, rinse 3 times.
- Mix the papaya with all the other vegetables in a large bowl. Place this mixture in clean dry jars with lids.
- In a small pot, boil vinegar, water, sugar and salt for about 5 minutes. Cool mixture.
- Pour vinegar mixture into the jars, making sure the vegetables are completely covered with the mixture.
- Keep refrigerated when not in use.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate