1 / 1 Photo by:
Emelita Rizal, Philippines
- 1 fresh green papaya, grated
- 1 carrot, sliced crosswise
- 1 red capsicum, sliced lengthwise
- 1 thumb size ginger, sliced crosswise
- 2 green chillies, seeded, sliced crosswise
- 1 box 42.5g raisins
- 250 ml (1 cup) vinegar
- 250 ml (1 cup) water
- 200 g sugar
- 150g salt
- 1 tsp salt
Prep:10min › Cook:5min › Extra time:45min › Ready in:1hr
- Mix 150g (1/4 cup) salt to about 4 cups of grated papaya. Express the papaya juice with hands at least 3 times. With sauerkraut, rinse 3 times.
- Mix the papaya with all the other vegetables in a large bowl. Place this mixture in clean dry jars with lids.
- In a small pot, boil vinegar, water, sugar and salt for about 5 minutes. Cool mixture.
- Pour vinegar mixture into the jars, making sure the vegetables are completely covered with the mixture.
- Keep refrigerated when not in use.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!