6 people made this
About this recipe:
This is a special chicken sweet rice dish in coconut sauce usually prepared when there is a special occasion.
3 tbsp olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic
2 teaspoons paprika
1 kg chicken pieces, pref. legs, thighs, wings
2 pieces chorizo de bilbao
200 g olives
227 g sweet peas
salt and pepper to taste
2 medium tomatoes, diced
230 ml water
2 cups sweet rice (malagkit)
400 ml (1 can) coconut milk
1 red capsicum, sliced lengthwise
2 hard boiled eggs, sliced lengthwise
- Saute onion and garlic in olive oil until onion is translucent. Add paprika and mix.
- Add chicken, chorizo, olives, sweet peas, salt and pepper and mix thoroughly. Cover and cook 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, cook 5 minutes. Add water, cook another 5 minute.
- Add sweet rice, mix thoroughly. Cover another 5 minutes. Then add coconut milk.
- Let boil another 5 minutes. Add red capsicum.
- Cover and cook 10 minutes or until the sweet rice is done. Serve hot, garnish with hard boiled eggs.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate