1 / 1
26 people made this
About this recipe:
This is one I learned as a teenager and now I've started making it again for the dreaded fundraisers! It's simple - the only cooking is melting the coconut.
2 egg whites
250g icing sugar
90g dessicated coconut
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
250g coconut oil
few drops red food colouring
- Beat the egg whites a little - just to combine - and then mix in the sugar, coconut and vanilla.
- Melt the coconut oil over a low heat and stir into the other ingredients.
- Line a square cake tin with baking paper and press half of the mixture into it.
- Drop a few drops of red food colouring into the rest of the mix to make it pink and press it firmly on top.
- Smooth it all out then put in the fridge till set - about an hour - then cut into squares.
I love it!! it is so yummy! delicious =)
- 15 Jul 2013
Write a review
Click on stars to rate