1 / 1 Photo by: docswife
Garlic-lemon double stuffed chicken breasts
Serves : 4
- oil, for greasing baking dish
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 125g cream cheese, cut into four slices
- 125g Cheddar cheese, cut into four slices
- 1/2 cup (125ml) milk
- 3/4 cup (75g) seasoned or plain bread crumbs
- 125g grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or finely chopped
- 100g butter, melted
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika (optional)
Prep:20min › Cook:30min › Ready in:50min
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees C. Lightly coat a large, shallow baking dish with oil.
- Slice each breast in half horizontally through the center, cutting almost but not completely through. Place one slice each of Cheddar and cream cheese in the center of each breast. Close again as if placing between the pages of a book. Set aside.
- Pour milk into a shallow bowl. In a separate bowl, combine breadcrumbs and Parmesan. Carefully dip each breast first in milk, then in breadcrumb mixture, patting lightly to firmly coat. Place breasts side by side in a single layer in pre-oiled baking dish, tucking edges under to seal.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in lemon juice and garlic, and drizzle evenly over chicken. Season breasts with garlic salt and paprika, if using.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until no longer pink in center and juices run clear.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!