1 / 1 Photo by: Allrecipes Photos
Christmas cherry and fruit cake
Serves : 8
- 200g caster sugar
- 250g butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) orange juice
- 250g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 375g sultanas
- 250g halved glace cherries
Prep:30min › Cook:2hr › Ready in:2hr30min
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees C. Grease and line a 22x13cm loaf tin with baking paper.
- Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add beaten eggs and orange juice and mix well.
- Sift flour and baking powder. Reserve 1/3 cup of flour mixture and toss with raisins and cherries (this will keep them from sinking to the bottom of the cake).
- Add flour mixture to batter and blend. Add floured raisins and cherries to dough and mix until just combined.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf tin. Bake in pre-heated oven for 2½ hours.
- Wrap the cake in plastic wrap or foil and store in a sealed tin for a couple of days before serving.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!