9 people made this
About this recipe:
I found this recipe recently on the web, but I believe originally the recipe came from Good Housekeeping magazine. Although I have changed a couple of things from the original.
1/2 cup caster suger
1/2 cup treacle
1 1/2 teaspoon ginger
1 teaspoon mixed spice
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
1/2 cup butter
1 egg, beaten
3 1/2 cups of plain flour
Extra time:5min ›
- In a large saucepan heat sugar, treacle, ginger, mixed spice and cinnamon till it comes to the boil. Stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and stir in bicarbonate of soda.
- Add butter and stir gently till melted.
- With a fork, stir in egg, then gradually add the flour.
- Dough will appear crumbly, but one you start kneading, dough will come together nicely.
- Wrap one half of the dough in glad wrap. This will stop it drying out until your ready to use it. - Do not put in the fridge it will go too hard.
- Roll dough to about half a cm thick ( thicker or thinner depending on taste), cut with favourite cutters.
- Bake at 165 C for about 10 mins ( fanforced/ convection)
Write a review
Click on stars to rate