1 / 1 Photo by: Rachelle Bowden
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 mango cut in chunks (best soaked in a little lemon juice and sugar overnight
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil or canola oil
- 1/2 cup (125g) plain low fat yoghurt
- 1/2 cup (90g) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 1/2 cups (185g) plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 cup (60g) chopped walnuts
Prep:10min › Cook:50min › Ready in:1hr
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease a loaf tin.
- Mash bananas and mango in a large mixing bowl. Add the oil, yoghurt, sugar and salt. Mix well. Add egg and vanilla, beat again.
- Sift in flour, bicarb and baking powder. Mix well, then mix in the walnuts.
- Pour into greased loaf tin. Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!