1 / 1 Photo by: What a Dish!
Emily's Famous Chocolate Shortbread Cookies
- 250g icing sugar
- 50g cocoa powder
- 450g plain flour
- Pinch bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 350g unsalted butter, chilled and cubed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 175g chopped dark chocolate (optional)
Prep:20min › Cook:10min › Ready in:30min
- In a large bowl, stir together the icing sugar, cocoa, flour and salt until well blended. Cut or rub in the butter until mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs. Add eggs and vanilla; mix until a stiff dough forms. It may take a minute to come together.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to ½ cm thickness and cut into desired shapes using cookies cutters. If the dough is too sticky, chill for a little bit. Place cookies 5cm apart onto an ungreased baking tray.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the surface appears dry. Allow cookies to cool for a couple minutes on the baking tray before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- If adding the melted chocolate, wait till cookies are completely cool, melt the chocolate over a double boiler or in the microwave. Stir frequently until smooth. Dip cookies or drizzle with the chocolate and place on greaseproof paper to set.
Is this halal? Because I need it for a school home econs project and it must be halal - 23 Feb 2013
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!