55 people made this
About this recipe:
Who needs a takeaway when you have this recipe? Use lamb or beef, if you prefer.
4 teaspoons (60ml) vegetable oil
1 large onion, finely chopped
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tablespoon tomato purée
2 tomatoes, chopped
1 teaspoon (15ml) white wine vinegar
1 teaspoon ground turmeric
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon garam masala
1 red capsicum, chopped
500g boneless chicken breast fillets, cooked and chopped
salt to taste
4 sprigs fresh coriander for garnish
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook until soft.
- Add the tomato purée, tomatoes and vinegar.
- Season with turmeric, cumin, coriander, cayenne pepper and garam masala and continue cooking and stirring about 10 minutes or until until blended and heated through.
- Add the capsicum and chicken, reduce heat and simmer 6 to 8 minutes or until chicken is heated through.
- Season with salt and garnish with coriander to serve.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate