1 / 1 Photo by: Allrecipes Photos
Thai beef salad
Serves : 4
- 500g rump steak
- ½ cup soya sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 5 tablespoons (100ml) lime juice
- 500g broccoli
- handful fresh mint leaves
- handful fresh basil leaves
- handful fresh coriander leaves
- 1 small cucumber, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 2 red chillies, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons soft brown sugar
Prep:15min › Cook:10min › Extra time:10min › Ready in:35min
- Place steak, 1⁄4 cup soya sauce, garlic and 2 tablespoons lime juice in a large bowl. Leave 10 minutes.
- Preheat grill to high heat; cook steak 2 minutes each side. Set aside.
- Place broccoli in a steamer basket. Fill a large pan with boiling water to a depth equal to the width of two fingers; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer. Place steamer basket on top of pan. Cover, cook broccoli 5 to 6 minutes or until crisp–tender. Leave to cool 10 minutes. Place in a large bowl with mint, basil and coriander. Add cucumber slices.
- Slice steak and add to salad. Combine chillies, sugar, remaining 1⁄4 cup soya sauce and remaining 3 tablespoons lime juice in a bowl. Stir gently into salad. Pile salad onto serving plates.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!