1 / 1 Photo by: DUKETANGO
- 2 tablespoons soya sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 500g very firm tofu, halved horizontally
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 3 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 large red capsicum, cut into strips
- 200g string beans, cut into 5cm lengths
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
Prep:15min › Cook:10min › Extra time:1hr › Ready in:1hr25min
- Combine the soya sauce, brown sugar, ginger and a pinch of salt in a shallow bowl. Add the tofu, cut-side-down, and put aside to marinate for 1 hour. Reserving the marinade, remove the tofu and cut into 3 cm chunks. Stir the stock and cornflour into the reserved marinade.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick frying pan over moderate heat. Add the capsicum, beans, carrots, garlic and spring onions, and cook for 5 minutes or until the capsicum is crisp-tender. Stir the stock mixture well and pour into the frying pan. Add the tofu and bring the mixture to the boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 4 minutes or until the sauce is slightly thickened and the tofu is heated through.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!