1 / 1 Photo by: Allrecipes Photos
Carol's Arroz Con Pollo
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast fillets
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 45ml (3 tablespoons) vegetable oil
- 1 green capsicum, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 220g long grain white rice
- 450ml (1 3/4 cups) chicken stock
- 125ml (1/2 cup) white wine
- pinch saffron
- 400g canned tomatoes
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
Prep:15min › Cook:35min › Ready in:50min
- Cut each chicken breast into cubes and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste and and half the paprika. Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add chicken, and cook until golden. Remove chicken, and set aside.
- Add capsicum, onion and garlic to pan and cook for 5 minutes. Add rice and cook and stir until rice is opaque, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in stock, white wine, saffron, and tomatoes. Stir in remaining paprika, and salt and pepper to taste. Return to a boil. Cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Return chicken to the frying pan to reheat. Stir in parsley.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!